The Village Hall was built in 1970 and was extended and refurbished in 2000. The adjoining Sports pavilion was built in 1982. The building is of traditional brick and tile construction and is set in a 4 acre playing field close to the village centre.
It is readily accessible, being within a short distance of the A12 trunk road.
There is a large car park adjoining the hall, which is shared with the Sports Clubs when the field is in use.
The accommodation comprises 3 rooms for hire, each with it’s own character:
- The light and spacious Main Hall measuring approximately 50ft x 24ft, including an 18ft x 13ft raised stage. There is seating for 100 people, with 10 large and 10 small tables. The hiring of the hall will include an adjoining bar and bar annexe with its associated bar style furniture, when the Hall is providing bar facilities, but this space is not available to hirers to run their own bar.
- The comfortable Millennium Meeting Room measuring 19ft x 16ft 9ins. There is seating for 20 people with 4 large tables. The Main Hall and Meeting Room may be hired together or separately, at the same time.
- The Chelmer Room measuring 29ft 6ins x 13ft 3ins. This is self-contained, and overlooks the playing field. It has six large tables, its own toilet facilities and a small kitchen.
The building is licensed for 160 people in the Main Hall and 40 people in the Meeting Room but hirers should judge what is likely to prove convenient and comfortable for their particular event.
There is also:
- A spacious entrance foyer to the Main Hall and Meeting Room, with ladies and gents toilets and a toilet for the disabled.
- Bar and annexe.
- WiFi is available free to hirers.
- Full bar facilities can be arranged but ample notice is needed as the bar licensee needs to obtain an occasional licence for each event. Hirers may serve but not sell their own intoxicating drinks on the premises.
- The kitchen equipment includes an electric double oven, a refrigerator with small freezer, a microwave and an electric tea urn and crockery, but no cooking utensils or cooking equipment.
- By arrangement, hirers may make use of the piano but it does not have perfect pitch.
- The hall Committee pays fees to the Performing Rights Society so hirers do not need a licence to play music or show films.
- The accommodation is available by the session, that is between 9.30am to 01.00pm, 2.00pm to 06.00pm and 7.00pm to 12.00pm. Hourly rates can be negotiated.
- The hiring does not include access to the playing field which may be in play at the time of hiring and accordingly the Committee’s consent is required for the erection of a marquee, and a charge may be made.
- Commercial hirers must have their own public liability insurance.
- The electric power supply (not the lights) terminates at 12.00 mid-night.
All other information can be found by making an enquiry.